Here are my thoughts. Albion Online is one of the funnest games i have played recently i want to see it succeed! I have personally noticed the population dropping like crazy the past few weeks and i believe it is because the game is not rewarding enough on a individual level and caters to much to large guilds.
1. Map boarders based on current occupancy. 1-5 people (green boarder) 5-10 (blue boarder) 10-25 (yellow boarder) 25+ (red boarder) This would not give away the exact location of large groups but it would allow people to feel what they are stepping into. Zergs could find other Zergs.
2. People want to become a permanent villian and should be able to do so. Right now towns like icemelt host a lot of villains but eventually they get too much neg rep and have to house themselves in the black zone. Okay well now you have to run 1,000 miles to get any decent small group PvP. Why not have one designated pirate city in the red zones. It could be placed far out on the edge of the mainlands so its still inconvenient but not 40 minutes inconvenient. This would create a hub for small grp red zone PvPers which is desperately needed.
3. Below 15% health movement speed impairment. Every game has this i don’t know why this one doesn’t. There is wayyyy to much escape in this game and not enough CC. This is why claymore is soo meta right now in open world. The mobility on claymore with the CC it’s capable of is obviously way to over powered, but its honestly one of the only ways to force a fight in open world with the current state of mobility. I originally rolled as daggers and my god i was useless…anyone can run away even as claws its rough! I believe every pair of shoes should get the same run speed buff and add another spell to all boots that is build specific (cloth spell dmg, leather a better stealth (maybe a poison?) & plate an armor buff). There needs to be snare abilities available for other builds that dont over write meditation or move mediation as a weapon ability only for weapon builds that absolutely rely on it.
4. Permanent invisibility build. It would be nice to be a designed stealth solo pvp that could pick and choose fights. The ability should be on a weapon to avoid other group orientated weapon builds (sustained dps[group] vs burst[solo]) from using it and it should have a 20% reduction in run speed penalty and a proximity reveal. Every good game that allows for entertaining solo PvP has a class like this.
5. Gathering. We all know gathering is a little iffy right now. I started as a gatherer and really enjoyed it until my guild conquered large amounts of land in the black zone and it became a free farm frenzy. One part of gathering that was appealing to me was the idea of PvP’n in between in high risk high reward situations. Should the best tier materials be gather able in the black zone?… Farming in the black zone in the safety of my alliance was great and all minus the zerg or two but i had the most fun farming in the red zones with the occasional small group or solo pvp battle. Gathering in my eyes is about the nomad searching high and low for the good stuff far from home and bringing back his shiny bounty to his homeland. Not walking out front to his courtyard and collecting god tier. This just snow balls big guilds into the best PvP gear and gives any up coming guilds no chance at ever matching GvG gear and taking territory. Gathering is an awesome mechanic!!!! What is so special about it is that only one person can grab the node which discourages 5 other people from following around their guilds gatherer because that’s just boring and unrewarding for them. I guess what i am saying is that gathering poses the biggest opportunity for good solo and small grp PvP. If the really good lewt is located far off in the “out lands” people will make subtle farming groups to go on journeys to collect it and get in interesting PvP conflicts that are by far less zergy. Separate the zerg and gathering.
6. Limit guilds to 50 people. Nuff said.
7. Eliminate alliances. There is absolutely no reason for there to be alliances in this game. Now i’m now saying completely eliminate alliances from the game, what i am saying is remove the coded element of alliances from the game. If two guilds want to make a truce not to attack each other that is fine we cant stop that! But it should be every other guild for them selves at the end of the day. The alliance systems makes it way to easy for super powers to rise by controlling an entire continent in a few days. Not having it hard coded into the game would also open it up for interesting social interactions between guilds who have agreements to be “allies”. Many times this wipe my alliance would quarrel over chest and what not. It would have been a lot more to fun to able to just say how about this “DIEEEEE” this would allow alliances to be created and broken by the edge of the sword.